Internship Title: Communications and Marketing Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: Part-time / 16-24 hours/week
Duration: September 17, 2018 through December 14, 2018
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. Since 2009, WEConnect International has provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International’s 80 corporate members represent $700 billion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. Learn more at www.WEConnectInternational.org
Internship Overview: This position is a unique opportunity for interns interested in learning about women’s economic empowerment and global supplier diversity to gain hands-on experience in a non-profit setting. The Communications and Marketing Intern will support the Communications and Event Manager with various tasks related to the overall development and management of communications, media, and marketing efforts that support our global events, and support the overall mission and goals of the organization.
Reporting to: WEConnect International Communications and Event Manager
- Support the development of marketing strategies, materials, campaigns, and other support as needed for global events such as conferences, receptions, and exhibitions.
- Support management and development of social media efforts.
- Provide support for ongoing media outreach strategies.
- Support the development of content that articulates WEConnect International’s value through brochures, website design, press releases, blog articles, etc.
- Support weekly and monthly content updates to our global network through success stories and e-newsletters.
- Conduct marketing and content research as needed.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Relevant educational background – must be at least a Junior or Senior enrolled in undergraduate program, or recent graduate. Graduate students preferred.
- Previous experience working in an office setting
- Previous experience with communications or marketing
- Previous experience handling social media accounts
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to think creatively and brainstorm unique solutions
- Willing to take initiative and manage projects
- Interest in women’s economic empowerment, international development, non-profit work, or corporate social responsibility
- Strong customer-service skills and positive, professional attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills
- Responsive, solutions-focused individual adept at problem solving
- Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
Compensation: This internship is unpaid.