Internship Title: Project and Research Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: Part-time / 16-24 hours/week
Duration: September 17, 2018 through December 14, 2018
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. Since 2009, WEConnect International has provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International’s 80 corporate members represent $700 billion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. Learn more at www.WEConnectInternational.org
Internship Overview: This position is a unique opportunity for interns interested in learning about women’s economic empowerment and global supplier diversity to gain hands-on experience in a non-profit setting. The Project and Research Intern will support team members of WEConnect International with various project and research tasks related to our programs supporting corporations as they seek to increase their global spend with women-owned businesses, and women-owned businesses as they look to grow.
Reporting to: WEConnect International Grant and Impact Manager, with the opportunity to work with multiple team members.
- Support development and implementation of capacity building trainings and business development opportunities for women-owned businesses in different countries
- Provide support on event planning, including: drafting, editing, and designing documents, providing logistical support, and researching
- Conduct market research as needed
- Support fundraising and proposal-writing efforts by researching potential donors and funding opportunities
- Support corporate members by: drafting corporate profiles, tracking member performance, and developing resources
- Support monitoring and evaluation of programs, including: data collection and analysis
- Other tasks as necessary
- Relevant educational background –Must be at least a Junior or Senior enrolled in undergraduate program, or recent graduate. Graduate students preferred.
- Previous experience working in an office setting
- Willing to take initiative and manage projects
- Interest in women’s economic empowerment, international development, non-profit work, or corporate social responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong customer-service skills and positive, professional attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills
- Responsive, solutions-focused individual adept at problem solving
- Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
Compensation: This internship is unpaid.