Job Title: Regional Outreach and Event Manager
Level: Mid-level position
Main Purpose of the job: A member of the WEConnect International team managing events and women business enterprises relations in Latin America and the Caribbean (Colombia, Costa Rica and Peru).
Reporting to: WEConnect International Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International corporate members represent $700 billion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. www.WEConnectInternational.org
Job Overview: WEConnect International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Therefore, the position requires that the individual is mission-focused, strategic, collaborative, a strong team player, creative, self-motivated, open to change, and process minded. The position requires that the individual has strong communication skills and can adjust to the different requirements and cultural conditions of the diverse operating environments where WEConnect International is present. The Regional Outreach and Event Manager must be a leader who is able to help others at WEConnect International deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality.
Job Responsibilities: To efficiently and effectively conduct events and manage relationships with women business enterprises in Colombia, Costa Rica and Peru in accordance with our mission and regulations.
Core Preferred Competencies: Experience in event organization and management, public relations, and marketing; experience in running programs or projects independently and remotely; experience with women’s entrepreneurship.
- Work closely with the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean and the Regional Corporate and Partner Engagement Manager in efforts focused on engaging women-owned businesses that fit the needs of corporate buyers, establishing business association connections, and positioning WEConnect International’s brand in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Support the design and implementation of a marketing plan for the region;
- Work closely with the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean in drafting the budget and fundraising strategy necessary to implement all events and activities to enhance WEConnect International’s brand presence and achieve its mission and goals in the region.
- Responsible for the development and management of events for WEConnect International in Latin America and the Caribbean and to ensure proper governance and accountability;
- Act as lead in designing a calendar of events in the region and determining the formats following a strategy in each market;
- Act as lead in researching and mapping external events or activities in the region in which WEConnect International could have a presence;
- Develop, build and lead the necessary marketing and promotional materials to promote events and WEConnect International certification with the support of HQ;
- Work closely with the Regional Corporate and Partner Engagement Manager to raise funding and secure participants for events.
Women Business Enterprises’ management (WBE management)
- With the support of the WEConnect International Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean design and implement an outreach strategy to identify new women-owned businesses and manage relations with existing ones;
- Oversee the certification renewal processes in collaboration with Regional Director and Director of Innovation and Certification;
- Be the main point of contact for any questions or queries that come from women-owned businesses;
- Channel all communications from HQ to women-owned businesses;
- Leverage external benefits available to women-owned businesses that can add value to the certification.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead the development and implementation of projects and meet targets independently
- Experience with events and communications management
- Experience in fundraising, sales and business development
- Awareness of issues affecting the SME sector, particularly the specific barriers faced by women entrepreneurs. Experience supporting entrepreneurship is a plus.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills; with the ability to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Client focused approach; strong customer-service skills and positive, professional attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to travel as needed
- Excellent IT skills and ability to manage and develop reports as it relates to WBE management and satisfaction
- Relevant educational background – undergraduate degree required; advanced degree highly desired
- Responsive, solutions focused individual adept at problem solving
- Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
- Entrepreneurial experience and vision, including experience running programs or projects
- Ability to develop creative and strategic initiatives which support organizational goals and objectives
- Experience working in a member based organization
- Knowledge and command of mechanisms to track impact and effectiveness of events and marketing campaigns
- Experience in business development and fundraising
- Patience and high communication skills to be able to address the concerns and questions of various stakeholders, especially women business enterprises
- Empathy with women business owners, preferably with experience starting and growing a business
- A ‘self-starter’ with excellent motivating skills, enthusiasm, vision and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop new approaches to challenges
- Sound judgment, good political skills and a flexible approach to work