Internship Title: WEConnect Academy and Resource Development Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: Part-time / 16-24 hours/week
Duration: September 17, 2018 through December 14, 2018
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. Since 2009, WEConnect International has provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International’s 80 corporate members represent $700 billion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. Learn more at www.WEConnectInternational.org
Internship Overview: This position is a unique opportunity for interns interested in learning about women’s economic empowerment and global supplier diversity to gain hands-on experience in a non-profit setting. The WEConnect Academy and Resource Development Intern will primarily support our Learning from Women Leaders Around the World webinar series. Through a web-based knowledge-sharing platform our network of women business owners and Corporate Members share their expertise, providing a unique opportunity to answer questions about prominent sectors and learn from industry leaders.
Reporting to: WEConnect International Project and Research Manager, with the opportunity to work with multiple team members.
- Support development and implementation of the WEConnect Academy Learning from Women Leaders Around the World Series;
- Manage the GoToWebinar Platform to schedule, edit, and lead webinars with women business enterprises across the globe;
- Prepare profiles and branding materials for upcoming webinars;
- Facilitate necessary communication with panelists and coordinate practice runs;
- Administer the application process for new panelists;
- Conduct research on external training and education resources; and
- Other tasks as necessary
- Relevant educational background –Must be at least a Junior or Senior enrolled in undergraduate program, or recent graduate. Graduate students preferred.
- Previous experience working in an office setting
- Willing to take initiative and manage projects
- Interest in women’s economic empowerment, international development, non-profit work, or corporate social responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral (bilingual Spanish preferred)
- Strong customer-service skills and positive, professional attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills
- Responsive, solutions-focused individual adept at problem solving
- Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
Compensation: This internship is unpaid.