Job Title: WEConnect International Customer Service Support
Location: Washington, DC
Main Purpose of the job: A member of the WEConnect International team with responsibilities related to certification of women-owned businesses globally and eNetwork (private online database) support; providing day-to-day customer support, and responding to system and process inquiries.
Reporting to: WEConnect International Vice-President of Operations
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps women-owned businesses access and succeed in global value chains. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International corporate members represent over $1 trillion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. www.WEConnectInternational.org.
Job Overview: WEConnect International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Therefore, the position requires that the individual is mission-focused, collaborative, a strong team player, looks for ways of how to strengthen the team environment and support colleagues, creative, self-motivated, open to change, and process minded. The individual should have strong communication skills and be able to adjust to the different requirements and cultural conditions of the diverse operating environments. The Certification Service Support person provides support across 45+ countries and needs to understand and be flexible to international working hours and cultural differences.
Core Values and Culture: As we continue to grow our organization, WEConnect International will attract and hold accountable members, partners, staff and stakeholders based on these core values, which help to define our culture, brand and operational strategies.
- Embrace Diversity and Inclusion to Unleash Potential
- Demonstrate Passion for Women's Economic Empowerment
- Make a Positive Difference in the World
- Deliver Stakeholder Value
- Exemplify Integrity in Everything We Do
- Pursue Teamwork with a Shared Vision and Purpose
- Embrace Openness, Trust and Candid Communication
Job Responsibilities: Reports to the Vice President of Operations and takes directions for day to day work from the Certification Analyst to ensure efficient and effective customer service delivery.
- Assist global customers and team members via incoming calls, voicemails, emails and other communication methods
- Provide technical support and status updates for all Women-Owned Businesses
- Work collaboratively with the Certification team, as well as the entire WEConnect International Organization
- Communicate a clear and thorough understanding of WEConnect International’s Certification and Self-Registration offerings
- Route special inquiries to appropriate members of the WEConnect International team for response
- Identify, track and validate payments from multiple sources
- Manage and track the utilization and licensing of the Women-Owned Logo internationally
- Collaborate with multiple program teams to stay informed of all new and ongoing developments and projects
- Undertake any other duties which may from time to time be required; this job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive but is issued as a general guideline to the main areas of responsibilities
- 3 years of experience in supporting and managing customer service delivery
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to respond to emails and phone messages within 24 hours (except weekends)
- Excellent at prioritizing tasks and adjusting priorities throughout the day/week
- Excellent writing skills, drafting emails
- Adept at following procedures and contributing to reports
- Must demonstrate organizational skills
- Knowledge of SAP system a plus
- Empathy with women business owners
- Patience and excellent communication skills to be able to address concerns and questions of various stakeholders
- Understanding of technology and business process improvements
- Excellent understanding of Excel
- Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
- Demonstrate effective research and data analytic skills
- A ‘self-starter’ with excellent motivating skills, enthusiasm and vision and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop new approaches to overcome challenges
- Sound judgment and good political skills and a flexible approach to work
- Fluency in English required and knowledge of other languages and work experience in other countries and cultures preferred
- Undergraduate degree highly desired
No phone calls, please. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.