WASHINGTON, DC, February 5, 2020 – Six new multi-national corporations have joined as members of WEConnect International, growing corporate membership to 100+, CEO Elizabeth Vazquez announced Wednesday.
“This is an incredible milestone to have reached with our corporate members,” said Vazquez, who helped found the international NGO a decade ago. “We have set ambitious targets in our new strategy to scale up in 2020 to attract buyers committed to supplier diversity and inclusion, and to connect them to our nearly 10,000 women-owned businesses globally. Access to global member buyers is important to our women entrepreneurs so that they can grow their women-owned businesses and reach new markets.”
WEConnect International connects women-owned businesses with multi-national corporate purchasing organizations outside of the United States. Globally, there are approximately 224 million women entrepreneurs worldwide who participate in the ownership of nearly 35 percent of privately-owned firms in the formal economy.
Women account for over $20 trillion in spending per year and are involved in over 80 percent of consumer purchasing decisions worldwide. The real drivers of the economy are women—as business leaders, employees, consumers and entrepreneurs. And yet, globally women-owned businesses earn less than 1 percent of the money spent on vendors by large corporations and governments.
WEConnect International’s new corporate members are:
- Archer Daniels Midland, the global food processing and commodities trading corporation headquartered in Chicago – WEConnect Global Member
- Bank of New York Mellon Corporation, an American worldwide banking and financial services holding company – WEConnect Global Member
- Compass Group Plc, a British multinational that is the largest foodservice company in the world. Worldwide, Compass operates in 45 countries and employs 600,000+ people – WEConnect Canada Member
- Continental AG, the German automotive manufacturing company specializing in brake systems, interior electronics, automotive safety, tires and other parts for the automotive and transportation industries. – WEConnect Mexico Member
- Facebook, Inc., the international social media and technology platform founded by Mark Zuckerberg and based in California – WEConnect Global Member
- Magna International Inc., a Canadian mobility technology company for automakers. The company is the largest automobile parts manufacturer in North America by sales of original equipment parts – WEConnect Mexico Member
“We are incredibly excited to welcome these six corporate giants to our membership,” said Michael Tobolski, Vice President of Member Development at WEConnect International. “Adding these leaders in their respective industries to our corporate roster will help these companies diversify their supply chains and procure from our women-owned businesses for their goods and services worldwide.”
For details on self-registering as a Women Owned Business or becoming a certified Women Business Enterprise, please contact Nikki Reid, Director of Certification and Training, firstname.lastname@example.org